Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Time Travel, Highlander Style -- Donna Grant is in the Lair!

    posted by Christine Wells

    It's my very great pleasure to welcome to the lair a gorgeous, talented friend of mine, Donna Grant, who writes fabulous sexy paranormals.

    In Donna's Dark Sword series, Highland warriors with gods from hell bound inside them must fight Deidre, an evil Druid who is bent on freeing those gods and bending them to her will.

    Now, I don't think I have to spell out the more obvious attractions of this series--the covers do a fine job of that! But I also love the internal struggle each warrior faces in his need to control the god inside him. It is a dark force, and a powerful one--unleashing the god makes the warrior god-like in his strength and abilities--but fail to control the god once he is unleashed and all hell will break loose. Literally!

    It's a brave woman who would love such a man, but the rewards... Ah, well, you'll have to read this compelling series and see for yourself!

    The third in Donna's Dark Sword series, WICKED HIGHLANDER (out now!!) is about Quinn, the most fierce and reckless of the MacLeod brothers featured in the series so far. Quinn is the brother who lives closest to the edge with the god inside him, so I'm looking forward to watching him walk that line in WICKED HIGHLANDER.

    And now, I'll hand the blog over to the creator of these amazing warriors! Welcome, Donna!

    Maybe it’s because I write historical novels, but one of the most asked questions I get is “would you travel back in time and to where?”

    It’s an easy answer for me. Yes, I would travel back in time, and I’d go to Medieval Scotland. It would take some getting used to, especially the lack of plumbing, toothbrushes, caffeine, and pasta.

    I have no doubt life would be more than difficult. After all, we’re used to remote control TV, information easily – and quickly – accessible through computers, not to mention cell phones and iPods. We’re the information age with instant gratification.

    Our world is so drastically different than Medieval Scotland. In a few short hundred years, lives went from basic living off the land and seeing people daily to hectic days, buying food from grocery stores, and going months, if not years, without seeing or speaking to your neighbor, much less speaking to people you pass on the street or the mall.

    Could we survive in medieval times? Putting aside the leap in physical hygiene over the ages, life was much simpler back then. If you had a problem with someone, you faced them instead of texting or emailing them. If you wanted to call off an affair, there was no hiding behind technology. You stood before them and said your piece.

    There’s a debate in whether medieval life was more violent. At least in medieval times, you saw your opponent attack and you had time to retaliate or hide. Now, with bombs that can cross oceans, that silent, almost constant worry hangs over our head.

    Still, knowing all of this, I would love to see Medieval Scotland. I’ve always been drawn to Scotland. Maybe that’s why I centered my historical paranormal Dark Sword series there. The third book in the series, WICKED HIGHLANDER, released on the November 2nd, and I hope you pick up the book to be transported back to another time and place.

    So, I want to know - Would you time travel if given the option?

    I’ll be giving away a signed copy FORBIDDEN HIGHLANDER to a commenter. Happy Reading!


    To find out more about me please visit my website . To read more about the Dark Sword series, see pics of the Warriors, take the quiz, download wallpaper, or search characters, please visit my Dark Sword page.

    Source URL: http://itistheforkhead.blogspot.com/2010/11/time-travel-highlander-style-donna.html
    Visit It Is The Forkhead for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive