Friday, November 12, 2010

That Which Does Not Kill Me, Will Make My Head Explode

    by Joanie

    Which sounds like an oxymoron since, being a medical professional, I can attest that a blown up head will kill you.

    No, I'm talking of a slower demise....modern technology.

    Seriously, the tech world has painted a big target on my back these past two months and I've about had it! First my DVR on my cable screwed up. couldn't record vital shows like DWTS for corn's sake!

    Then decided I needed to upgrade my perfectly functioning 8 year old computer. Studied different ones, listened intently to the knowledgeable young man and bought one with lots of bells and whistles. And that's where things took a drastic turn.

    First, the arranged tech guy who was supposed to come hook everything "wirelessly" up was a no show. In an effort to satisfy me, the customer, the store got a special ok for a tech manager to come do it. Great except he never hooked up the printer to PRINT, only to fax.

    That's when I first met my new love. The Geek Squad Agent. In two seconds he had me connected and running. No problems. Even hooked up my cute little Acer to the printer. Woohoo! I was cooking with gigabytes.

    Then the cat ran over the keyboard.

    What do my precious little babies have to do with technology? Well, ends up they are psychic. When Grayson danced across the keys while I was reading email, it disappeared. Could not find it no matter where I looked including under the desk, in the closet, out the window...it wasn't there.

    Oh, honey....I need you. Agent Bob answered online. His remote analysis (which made my head spin as I watched on my screen) revealed bad news. My hard drive is on the verge of failure with corrupted files that he states cannot be fixed. My new 2 mo. old computer!

    Lovely.

    Now I have another new computer that my guy is coming to hook up tomorrow (Hmmm...will it be Ted, Bob, or ummm...Roberto>) even as I wade once again through the features, the monitor, the wireless capability I recognize that I am hooked ENOUGH on it to feel out of kilter when I'm not connected.

    What about you? How dependent are you on technology. What could you NOT live with out? What would you like to see invented? (Me? I'd like an automatic cat nail trimmer).

    Now excuse me....but my garage door opener is making noise...Oy!Source URL: http://itistheforkhead.blogspot.com/2010/11/that-which-does-not-kill-me-will-make.html
    Visit It Is The Forkhead for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive