Saturday, November 27, 2010

Been Experimenting Again

    by Suzanne

    We just had Thanksgiving so I'm sure a lot of you are tired of cooking. It takes me from Monday to Thursday to wrangle that particular meal for thirty minutes of eating! But the fun and family being togther is soooo worth the effort. And Lyndsey's Caramel Apple Pie is the topper of the evening!

    There are two times I experiment in the kitchen. 1. I'm bored. 2. I'm procrastinating. Uhm, this week, it's probably the latter as with Christmas fast approaching boredom is NOT on the agenda! So here's my latest creation:

    SUE'S CHEESY CORN BISQUE

    4 TBS of butter
    ½ large red onion diced
    ½ large red bell pepper diced
    2 ears of corn, kernels cut off and
    the starch scraped from the cobs
    3 TBS of all purpose flour
    2 small containers of chicken stock
    1 tsp salt
    ½ tsp black pepper
    2 cups heavy cream
    ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
    1 cup grated smoked Gouda cheese
    2 cans whole white corn, drained


    1. Melt 2 TBS of butter in soup pot.
    2. Add onions and peppers. Add corn and starch scraped from cobs. Salt and Pepper. Cook till tender.
    3. Add remaining 2 TBS butter. Add flour and cook several minutes to remove starchy taste from flour. Stir in chicken stock and bring to a boil.
    4. Pour in heavy cream then add mixture to blender or food processor until creamy.
    5. Return to pot. Add canned corn and cheeses.
    6. Stir then taste. Add more salt and pepper to your desired taste.
    7. Simmer until ready to serve.

    **May add 2cups cubed cooked chicken, shrimp or crab**

    Oops! How did HE get in this? (This is my favorite hunky Gerard pic. Talk about beef!! whoohoo!!)



    So, I don't know about y'all, but I'm tired of turkey and it's cousin, chicken. So beef has been on my brain. Hey, I write eroticas, as well as sexy romances, so beef is on my brain in more than one way these days, but for today's purpsoes let's talk dinner!

    Here's a little recipe I make when I want some romantic time with my hubby! Trust me, this works!!

    SEARED BEEF TENDERLOIN MEDALLIONS IN MUSHROOM SAUCE

    2-3 Tenderloin Steaks (1 inch thick)
    trim fat and cut into medallion sized pieces
    salt and pepper
    2 Tbs. Butter
    ½ small onion diced
    1 pkg. baby Portabello mushrooms sliced
    ¼ cup good wine
    2 tsp. A-1 sauce
    1 small box beef stock
    1 pkg. Brown gravy mix

    Melt ½ of butter in medium sized pan .
    Salt and pepper meat.
    Sear medallions on both sides until medium rare.
    Remove from pan to platter and cover with foil.
    Add remaining butter, onions and mushrooms to pan. Sauté until soft.
    Add wine and cook 2-3 minutes.
    Add A-1 sauce and broth. Cook 2-3 minutes.
    Stir in brown gravy mix, whisk until dissolved.
    Return meat to pan and simmer 10 minutes, turning at least once half way through.

    I serve with mashed potatoes and some steamed asparagus.



    So what's your favorite, get-him-in-the-mood meal? What gets him all hot and bothered? What puts YOU in the mood? Got any good recipes to share?Source URL: http://itistheforkhead.blogspot.com/2010/11/been-experimenting-again.html
    Visit It Is The Forkhead for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive