Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankful for...Cancun

    by Donna MacMeans

    Thanksgiving is a great time to count one's blessings and I can tell you, one of the top items on my list (after health, love and success of family, of course) is ...thank you Cancun!


    (Those toes are mine, BTW). This year my husband and I went to Cancun, Mexico to celebrate our 37th anniversary. While the vacation started slow, I think you'll agree it transformed into something out of a romance novel.


    When we arrived, it was cold and windy - too cool to comfortably lay out on the beautiful white sand beach, and definitely too cold for the shorts and sleeveless tops in my suitcase. The picture to the left was taken from the balcony of our room, on the day of our anniversary. It's raining hence the lack of people.

    My husband and I decided the day would best spent at the spa. We soaked in a jacuzzi with champagne (sorry - no pictures *g*)
    and had a couples massage. When we returned to the room, we found the bed decorated to honor the day, and a bouquet of roses and daisies.
    Cool, huh? So we went to dinner at an Italian dinner on the resort.
    My husband ordered something called Mayan coffee which combines a lot of alcohol, a bit of orange and a little coffee. The waiter put a flame to the alcohol and then poured the concoction from a silver server to a silver server creating an arc of blue flame and fire that flowed like a waterfall until it's combined with the coffee. Amazing. Wish I had thought to take pictures, but I was quite frankly stunned by the process.

    Afterward, we went to the disco for a Chippendale show. Much to my shock and amazement, I was pulled from the audience by a hunky Mexican desperado to join him up on stage. My husband took photos with my cell phone. They're a little blurred because he was laughing so hard. That's me in blue. Not the most flattering of photos - but I'm laughing hard as well.


    Yes, I'm upon his shoulders. Yes, I ended up flat on the floor. (Aah...the things one must do in the name of research *g*)

    The next day, the sun came out and so did everyone in the resort. Now I have to let you in on a secret. It's my secret fantasy to someday discover someone unrelated to me
    reading my book at a
    beach or at an airport. With the popularity of Kindles, Kobos, and Nooks - this is becoming an increasingly difficult
    task. However, I did find two individuals at the resort who had read one of my books before coming to the resort. Even though a couple of weeks have passed since we were in Mexico, I'm still floating on a high from that.

    Later in the afternoon, we were invited by some friends to join four couples on a cruise on the resort yacht, "Temptation." Our very own private first mate/cabana boy served drinks and lunch while we were on board. The ladies lounged on the front deck of the yacht as it raced across the Caribbean Sea. I felt like a millionaire (which I most definately am not *g*) - I think we all did. The bathing beauties above are the ladies on board.

    As the weather forecast here is for snow flurries on Thanksgiving day, I wanted to leave you with a photo of the populated beach. This was our first foray to Mexico. It won't be our last.

    So how about you? Tell me about a memorable vacation or anniversary. Have you been to Mexico? Any other cities/resorts that you could recommend? Any thoughts about being part of the Chippendale show? Any special blessings for which you're grateful that you'd like to share? While cleaning the house in prep for Thanksgiving guests, I discovered a conference tote bag filled with bookmarks and promo material. Now, I've noticed that all candies and pens were removed (grin), but I can replace some of that. If you're interested in receiving a bag of author promo material, let me know and I'll select one person from the comments to receive the goodies.
    Source URL: http://itistheforkhead.blogspot.com/2010/11/thankful-forcancun.html
    Visit It Is The Forkhead for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive