Friday, January 21, 2011

Quick Top Ten - Animation

    by Anna Sugden

    Christine's post about animated films and a recent trip to the cinema where they previewed Rio and Tangled got me thinking!

    I'm a big fan of Disney movies. The Aristocats, Lady & the Tramp, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, The Little Mermaid etc etc etc Actually, I'm a fan of animation/cartoons - LOVE Studio Ghibli too. If you've never seen Howl's Moving Castle, you must!


    I also really enjoy animation by legends such as Nick Park/Aardman - Wallace and Gromit - and Pixar (Finding Nemo, Ratatouille, etc) and Dreamworks (Shrek etc). And, of course, Pingu.


    I adore Tove Janssen's Moomins though I never saw any of the animated ones.


    I enjoyed all those Saturday morning cartoons (or, in my childhood, early afternoon cartoons) like Wacky Races, Scooby Doo and others like Camberwick Green and Mary, Mungo and Midge. Then, of course there are the classics like Tom & Jerry, Bugs and pals, Road Runner and Sylvester and Tweety. I also liked the super heroes - Batman et al.

    Can't resist the old puppet programs too like Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet and Joe 90. When I was a kid there were also animated shorts just before the news like Magic Roundabout and HR Puffenstuff.


    I haven't got into shows like The Simpsons or South Park or King of the Hill or any of those more adult humour cartoons - most aren't really my kind of humour, though the odd episode can crack me up.

    So, here's your Quick Top 10 question - name your Top 10 animation movies, cartoons or shows.

    Mine are:

    Lady and the Tramp
    The Aristocats
    Howl's Moving Castle
    Happy Feet
    Wallace & Gromit
    Aardman's Creature Comforts (including the TV ads)
    Finding Nemo
    Sleeping Beauty
    Cinderella
    Spirited Away

    With a special honorary place for Pingu!
    Source URL: http://itistheforkhead.blogspot.com/2011/01/quick-top-ten-animation.html
    Visit It Is The Forkhead for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive