Sunday, January 16, 2011

Learning Something New

    by Christie Kelley

    We've all heard how as we grow older we need to keep our minds active. There are many different ways of doing this. Some people talk about crossword puzzles, solving sudoko puzzles or learning a new language. I decided this past Christmas that it was time for me to learn something new.

    So...I asked my husband for guitar lessons for Christmas. My husband is an accomplished guitarist and teaches about 30 students a week. He was very excited about the chance to teach me this new instrument.

    And wow, I feel challenged. I played piano when I was young but never learned a stringed instrument before now. It's really different. Already, I feel like my mind is working overtime. So I guess that means it's working!

    How about you? When was the last time you took the time to learn something new? What's something you always wanted to learn how to done but haven't do it yet?Source URL: http://itistheforkhead.blogspot.com/2011/01/learning-something-new.html
    Visit It Is The Forkhead for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive