Monday, September 20, 2010

Addison Fox Has Warriors In The Stars...

    interview with Suzanne
    **sensing a little deja vu? I had a bit of a brain fart yesterday and managed to post this a day early! Ack...too much wine and too little sleep over the weekend! But yes Addison is visiting us today!!**

    I met Addison Fox years before she sold her first book, Warrior Ascended. There was something special about this woman with her contagious smile and always positive attitude. So when she sold her first book to Signet, along with the whole Sons of the Zodiac series, I was thrilled. Now, I'm even more thrilled to welcome my good friend back to tell us about the second book in her series!

    Suz: Welcome back to the Lair, Addison! And thank you for writing the very sexy, WARRIOR AVANGED! For those who haven’t had a chance to pick up the first book in your Sons Of The Zodiac series from Signet, can you give them a brief overview of the series premise?

    Addison: Thanks so much for having me back in the Lair! I love visiting with the Banditas!!

    Millennia ago, the goddess of justice, Themis, created a race of fierce warriors, each imbued with a special power of the zodiac and charged with protecting humanity from the evils of the world.

    Suz: We met the hero of this book, Kane Montague, in the first book, Warrior Ascended. What is his sign and how does that first encounter play into Warrior Avenged?

    Addison: Kane is my Scorpio warrior and for those of you who read WARRIOR ASCENDED, you know that Kane was burned in book one by a fellow secret agent at MI-6. The fact that said agent is the delectable female spy, Ilsa…AND the fact that she burned him at a *most* indelicate moment is the set up for WARRIOR AVENGED. Kane’s out for revenge – even as he can’t wait to get his hands on her again!

    Suz: Mmmmmmm, love me my Scorpios. (By the way, we Scorpios are very sexy…hehehe). Uhm. So, yeah Ilsa was an interesting name for your heroine to use, but it isn’t her first cover name, is it?

    Addison: Ilsa actually has three names (Adrasteia, Nemesis and Ilsa) and each ties to her backstory and what’s brought her to the point in time where the book starts. I love this heroine – she’s the most flawed, challenged heroine I’ve ever written and I had so much fun writing her and wringing as much emotion out of her as I could.


    Suz: Kane isn’t just any warrior, he’s a warrior with a major problem. What is it and how does it affect his abilities?

    Addison: Three centuries ago, Kane went up against a very dark sorcerer who found a way to turn Kane’s scorpion against him. The scorpion’s venom lives in his system and rises each year when the Antares star is at its zenith in late May. Antares is the brightest star in the Scorpius constellation and it was one of those fun little elements I found as I did research for the story.

    Suz: How do you see the Zodiac Warrior’s war with Enyo progressing throughout the series?

    Addison: I’m actually having a ton of fun with that part. Although the warriors and Enyo are all very clear characters in my mind, how their battle is going to play out is still a work in progress for me. Certainly, I expect the stakes to continue to rise and the battles to get more fierce, but exactly what form that is going to take is part of the fun for me!

    Suz:  Have you met the hero who will step forward for the next book in this series?

    Addison: Not only have I met him, but my readers have met him too! The hero of WARRIOR BETRAYED, which is the third book in the series out next May, is my Taurus warrior, Quinn Tanner. As Kane’s story finishes up, Quinn’s got some baggage he needs to overcome. His stubborn Taurus personality has put some distance between he and his brothers and he’s going to spend much of WARRIOR BETRAYED looking to atone for that.

    Suz: And do you have any news for us in regards to the future of Addison Fox? (Girl, you know you want to tell everyone!)

    Addison: Thank you for letting me share my news!!!! (Of course I want to tell!!!)

    I am so excited to continue writing the Sons of the Zodiac series for NAL/Signet Eclipse. I’m also very excited to announce that I will be writing a contemporary trilogy for them set in Alaska. Here’s a quick blurb on the first book:

    THE BACHELOR GAME, set in a small Alaska town whose three matriarchs, in a not-so-secret ploy to get their grandsons happily married off, host an annual contest that teams the town’s rugged bachelors with women from the Lower 48.

    I’m working on that right now and it’s due out late 2011.

    Thank you so much for having me today. I am so looking forward to visiting with everyone in the Lair!!!

    Suz: Addison will be giving away a signed copy of WARRIOR ASCENDED to one lucky commenter.Source URL: http://itistheforkhead.blogspot.com/2010/09/addison-fox-has-warriors-in-stars.html
    Visit It Is The Forkhead for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive