Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Man Makeover

    By Donna MacMeans

    I'm getty antsy. After a long, long wait, Redeeming the Rogue is set for release August 2nd. Please forgive me if I put the cover up again, but I thought I'd talk about one of the themes in the book:

    Man Makeover!!!!

    You know you want to do it (grin). Perhaps you took advantage of Father's Day earlier in the week to tactfully suggest that a little wardrobe sprucing is is order? Or politely suggested that your guy needs a more timely hairstyle via some gift certificates?

    In REDEEMING THE ROGUE, Arianne Chambers is assigned the task of sprucing up a rogue who is more comfortable hanging with the thugs and crooks of London's underbelly than the drawing rooms of polite society. As Michael Rafferty is to masquerade as a British minister assigned to the legation in Washington DC, she has her work cut out for her.

    First, there's the matter of his hair which is a bit long. Perfectly suitable for a rogue, I think, but not the thing for a diplomat.


    Then she needs to address Rafferty's wardrobe, and make sure he has all the properly fitted clothes necessary for the various diplomatic affairs. In Victorian times there were rigid rules about whether a white waistcoat or black was appropriate for the occasion. Not so much now when just seeing a man in a suit is a bit of a rarity. (When it comes to a well-dressed guy, I immediately think of Cary Grant. Hence this photo from North-by-Northwest.)

    Sometimes a man makeover requires more than sprucing up the exterior. Arianne had to make sure Rafferty's manners
    shine as well. She needs to cover the proper use of the Victorian's extensive use of cutlery, and the proper way to introduce the various cultural hierarchies.

    Her time to do all this is limited and her pupil not exactly enthused about the makeover. All he wants to do is hunt a killer that he suspects killed the previous British minister.

    The first chapter of REDEEMING THE ROGUE is available here:
    http://www.donnamacmeans.com/Redeeming.html

    So my question to you. If you could makeover something about your man - or yourself for that matter. What would it be? For me -I'd like to put my dh in a really nice suit instead of golf shirts and khakis. As for me, I'd like to find a haircut that is perfect for straight, straight hair and a round round face. Then I'd like to engage a trainer and a cook that would force me to lose weight (grin).

    Monica Burns was so kind as to give me a copy of PLEASURE ME last week to use as a blog prize, so I'm offering that to someone leaving a comment.

    Source URL: http://itistheforkhead.blogspot.com/2011/06/man-makeover.html
    Visit It Is The Forkhead for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive