Monday, December 20, 2010

Crazy Carols

    posted by Aunty Cindy aka Loucinda McGary

    On the 9th Day of Christmas my cabana boy gave to me
    A post by Aunty Ciiiiindy!

    Sorry, but it's December 21st, the shortest day of the year and only 4 more days until THE BIG DAY and Aunty is so far behind she can't even see the tunnel, much less any light at the end of it!

    ACK!!!

    This happens to me every year. I start off the month of December with great intentions and the next thing I know, it's less than a week until Christmas and I have NOTHING done! I wish I had the excuse of a looming deadline, or even a Dreaded Day Job, but I don't. I just have a difficult time getting into the spirit of the season...

    Perhaps I need a bit more SPIRITS of the season... So pass the eggnog and Aunty has a little quiz to exercise our brains.

    Back in the day, Aunty toiled away in the Land of Bureaucrats. Unlike romance writers, who strive to create clear and entertaining prose, all good Bureaucrats write to confuse and complicate. For example, instead of the Twelve Days of Christmas, a good Bureaucrat would call it The Dozen Festive 24-Hour Intervals.

    Here then are the titles of some familiar and beloved Christmas Carols after the bureaucrats rewrote them. See how many you can figure out!
    1. Embellish the interior passageways
    2. Diminutive masculine master of skin-covered percussionistic cylinders
    3. Obese personification fabricated of compressed minute ice crystals
    4. Natal celebration devoid of color
    5. Move hitherward the entire assembly of those who are loyal in their belief
    6. Small municipality in Judea southeast of Jerusalem
    7. Nocturnal time span of unbroken quietness
    8. Delight for this planet
    9. Frozen precipitation commence
    10. To decry matriarchal osculation of Yuletide anthropomorphism (Aunty's personal favorite)
    How many do you recognize? Or maybe you can come up with some alternate bureaucratic titles of your own. Please share!

    The 12 Bandita Days prize will go to a randomly chosen commenter.Source URL: http://itistheforkhead.blogspot.com/2010/12/crazy-carols.html
    Visit It Is The Forkhead for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ping in TotalPing.com

Blog Archive